Can you believe January’s over already? Time to get going on that New Year’s resolution, eh? Here are this weekend’s top stories…with some spin.
- NHL holds first ever All-Star Fantasy Draft. Surprisingly Charlie Conway and Julie “The Cat” Gaffney go undrafted.
- Celtics defeat Lakers in first rematch since last year’s Game 7. ABC fails to show the final 12 possessions of the game, but instead shows Lisa Salters and Adam Sandler discuss “Just Go With It” for seven minutes.
- St. John’s pulls upset by defeating #3 Duke. No verification as of yet on Kyle Singler‘s reports of death threats from somebody who calls himself “Don Artest”.
- NFC defeats AFC in Pro Bowl, 55-41. Commissioner Roger Goodell says teams’ eight combined turnovers aren’t due to a lack of focus, but rather “increased defensive intensity.”
- Kevin Durant and Chris Bosh both receive technicals for argument. Exchange sets international record for instances of the phrase “gosh darn” in a 30-second span.